Employers | Job Seekers | Child Care
Report ID Theft | How to Complete Work Search Requirements | Report Vaccine Job Loss
Hiring Events: Jan. 27: Texoma Waco San Antonio | Feb. 2: Victoria | Feb. 9, 10, 22: Wichita Falls | Feb. 23: Victoria | Mar. 16: Victoria | Apr. 6: Victoria | Apr. 27: Victoria | May 18: Victoria | Jun 8: Victoria | Jun 29: Victoria | More Job Fairs


Notify the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) promptly when there are changes to your tax account.

Return to Top

Updating Employer Tax Account Information

If you have an existing TWC account and have a change in your business, such as:

  • Changed officer or owner information
  • Acquired a business or sold your business
  • Changed address or phone number
  • Need to reopen or close your tax account

Notify TWC of the change by completing the following form:

Return to Top

Acquired a Business

If you have acquired a business through either:

  • Takeover of the employees and/or the assets
  • Purchase of an existing business

Notify TWC of the change by completing the following form:

Return to Top

Sold Your Business

If you sold your business or your employees now work for someone else, notify TWC by completing the following form:

Return to Top

Closed Your Business or No Longer Have Employees

If you closed your business or you are operating without employees in Texas, notify TWC of the change.

A liable employer who has entirely discontinued employment in Texas may request that the unemployment tax account be suspended. By suspending the account an employer is relieved only of the responsibilities of filing quarterly wage reports for periods during which no wages are paid.

Return to Top

Reopened Your Business

If you have previously closed your business and want to reactivate your account, notify TWC so your account can be reopened.

Notify TWC of this change by completing the following form, once wages have been paid:

Return to Top

Changed Business Structure

If you have changed your business structure, you need to establish a new account. Examples of changed business structure include:

  • Sole proprietor forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  • Partnership forming a corporation
  • Corporation merging into another entity

Notify TWC of the change by completing the Employer’s Registration Forms – Status Report Form C-1 & C-1FR.

Return to Top

Tax Account Suspended by TWC

TWC may suspend your account because you have not reported wages for an extended period of time. Every calendar quarter, the Tax department reviews all accounts and suspends those that have not reported wages for the previous eight calendar quarters. A suspension will relieve employers of having to file a “no wages” quarterly report and prevent the possible accrual of late report penalties. We send a letter to employers advising them that their account has been suspended and that if they do resume employment, they should notify TWC so that their account may be reactivated.

Notify TWC if you need to reopen your account by submitting the following form, once wages have been paid:

Return to Top